Ukraine is calling for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council and a gathering of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) following massive Russian air strikes, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha said on Sunday.
In a statement published on social media, Sybiha also called for an “appropriate and strong response to the aggressor” following the overnight attacks, which mainly targeted the Kyiv region and saw the deployment of a medium-range Oreshnik ballistic missile.
Sybiha accused Russia of seeking to compensate for a lack of military progress on the battlefield in its war of aggression against Ukraine with “barbaric missile attacks”.
In Kyiv alone, at least two people were killed. According to Mayor Vitali Klitschko, the number of injured in the capital has risen to 81.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on social media that around 100 people had been injured and at least four killed in the attacks across the country.
According to the authorities, government buildings were also damaged in the attacks, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Cabinet building. The strikes took place on a public holiday.

