Advertisement
Advertisement
Iran has denied claims that it carried out a missile attack on the United Arab Emirates, UAE, on Tuesday evening.
The claims are “completely unfounded,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghai, according to the state-run news agency IRNA.
The UAE Defence Ministry said two ballistic missiles fired from Iran towards the country had been intercepted.
The UAE Emirati Foreign Ministry then announced that it would suspend all trade relations and financial transactions with Iran until further notice.
The two states maintain a significant trade partnership.
Bilateral trade amounts to tens of billions of U.S.dollars a year.
dpa/NAN

